Friday 22 June 2007

Ginger's Guide to London's Streets: Foreword

I've mentioned before that I love London. One of the things I enjoy greatly is just wandering around and discovering the hidden delights of side streets, and side streets of side streets, and so on.

Given that a blog seems ideally designed to as a way of enthusing about things you get excited about, and ranting at things that annoy you, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you my observations and discoveries gleaned from ambling around my wonderful city.

There are no criteria for inclusion in my guide, save for me being able to think of something to say. I have no plan, no strategy. I simply intend to take on board
Nick Drake's instruction: "Saddle up, kick your feet and ride the range of a London street." Well sort of. I ain't going on horseback. But it's a great lyric.

No comments:

© Advancing Gingerly 2007-2009